Mon, 2009-11-30 18:00 - 22:00
The TC-Lispers monthly meeting will be 30th November (just making it in under the line for November), at 6:00 at the Common Roots Cafe.
Topic: Panel Discussion on GUIs and Common Lisp
What libraries are there? How satisfactory are they? Cross-platform? etc.
- Paul Krueger -- Apple Mac UIs from Common Lisp
- Patrick Stein -- cl-opengl
- Robert Goldman -- Two all-CL solutions, and using Firefox as a GUI toolkit
- Moderator: Dave Musliner
We'll give everyone about 10 minutes to say their piece, and then move on to what we hope will be a wild and wooly free-for-all. Show up early for a cheap Surly or two to get the juices flowing!
We could still use some people to talk about alternatives that are missing. Some candidates include:
- The proprietary toolkits: Allegro and LispWorks both offer proprietary UI toolkits
- Ltk: Peter Herth's ltk seems like one of the most lispy-feeling alternatives
- Win32: What about RDNZL and .NET?
- Outsource our GUIs to Java?
If you know anything about these, please consider giving a short presentation (or rant) on the topic. Volunteer via the comments, the mailing list, or direct email.